Madison has a goal for all our students to graduate with the skills and abilities to be successful in college, career and community. This goal was developed with feedback from more than 2500 students, teachers and community members. You can see these skills above in what we call the MMSD Graduate Vision. Teachers support student development of Graduate Vision skills as part of the Academic and Career Planning process. MMSD is currently implementing Academic and Career Planning (ACP) in grades 6-12 to support all students in being College, Career, and Community Ready.
Through Academic and Career Planning students are beginning to answer these questions:
- Who am I?
- Where am I going?
- How will I get there?
- Who are we together?
As part of Academic and Career Planning, students will explore educational and career opportunities, reflect on growth, and develop high school and post-high school plans.
Each student will maintain an e-portfolio to hold evidence of their exploration, growth, and next steps. This portfolio is housed within Xello, a post-secondary planning website. At the end of 8th, 10th, and 12th grade, students will complete a Portfolio Presentation by sharing key items from this portfolio to tell their story of growth, readiness, and next steps with an adult.
Mark your calendars!
- Student-led Conferences: November 12th & 20th! Sign up will come from your students homeroom teacher.
How do I support my student’s College, Career and Community Readiness?
- Access your student’s Xello e-portfolio, learn how by clicking here.
- Understand the different components of your student’s Xello e-portfolio, by clicking here.
- Help your student use Xello to conduct post-secondary and career research, by clicking here.
- Use College Board Family Checklists to support your student’s future planning. Find out more by clicking here.
Thanks so much for your support in helping your students to reach their goals! Please do not hesitate to reach out to Liz Talledge at firstname.lastname@example.org or Sarah Ouzounian at email@example.com with questions or concerns.